A major annual gathering
Everywhere in Europe, from Amsterdam to Séville, from Warsaw to Nantes, the youth engage and innovate in order to strengthen life quality in their community. Developing relations between citizens, solidarity, protection of the environment, artistic collaboration – every initiative is unique but all of them pursue a common objective : to strengthen the notion of “living together”.
In order to allow these young people to meet, to learn and perhaps to experiment with new forms of projects with a European dimension, the Nantes Creative Generations Forum brings together every year participants from Nantes and Europe to present a concrete initiative. The objective is to encourage and stimulate European exchanges so that they can go further together.
As well as showcasing their own projects, participants will have the chance to learn from peers across Europe and to gain better understanding of the European dimension of local projects. A unique opportunity to develop a project, reinforce / create a network, exchange good practices, strengthen English skills, etc.
Over the course of 4 days in Nantes, participants from every background are invited to :
- Present a project or initiative
- Share best practice
- Develop skills in setting up projects in Europe
- Meet potential future partners with a view to setting up across-border projects which could be funded by the Cooperation Prize
- Have discussions with other young Europeans
- Take part in city visits, cultural and social events
- Plenary sessions, to present projects to other participants, take part in discussions and public radio shows, and summarise the work carried out in workshops.
- Workshops, to discuss specific themes in small groups and gain skills in setting up projects, in particular cross-border projects (methods, funding, communications tools, etc.).
- Informal time, an opportunity to share experiences in more depth during free time.
How to participate :
These are the conditions to participate to the Forum:
- To be aged between 18 and 30 years old
- To live and/or develop a project in Nantes Métropole or a Member state of the Council of Europe (+ Belarus)
- To present a concrete initiative
- To fill in the application form to be launched every year in spring.
Selection of projects :
Each year, 30 projects are presented : 10 from the Nantes and 20 from all of Europe
- Projects must contribute to strengthen the notion of "living together", involve a "citizenship" approach in tits general sense and develop an original approach.
- They can be linked to a large range of thematics : environment, health, education, culture, sport, intercultural dialogue, fight again discriminations, media, etc.
- Projects must be concrete initiatives (Or at least in an advanced stage of reflection if not yet realized)
The call for applications is launched every year from March to June.
Projects to participate to the Forum are selected by a jury in June and notified in July.
Practical info :
- The Forum starts on wednesday and ends on saturday during the day
- English is the official language
For European participants :
- Transport, accommodation and food costs are covered for 2 participants maximum per project.
- Participants are asked to book their transport tickets themselves. The organization will then refund travel expenses up to 400 Euros per person, according to the original receipts and tickets sent by the participants. Refunds are provided approximatively 2 months after the Forum.
> More info : email@example.com